Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Oddities part 3

  

In the "out lot" of our local Home Depot store, a new Chick-fil-a is being built.  They started construction last week and will be opening tomorrow.  No, not really, but it seems that fast.  

B and I drove by there today and we noticed something strange.  Apparently, Chick-fil-a is initiating a "back to the basics/family oriented" style of restaurant.  

They're encouraging families to spend time together camping out.  To promote this, they're providing their restaurant parking lots as a campground area.  Take a look........







I've always admired them for their practices.

Way to go Chick-fil-a!!!



I told J about this and he told me those folks were there for the opening of the building.  Apparently, he thinks there is an incentive for the first 100 or so people who are customers there.  

I told him it simply can't be.  If that were the case, then we would see folks line up at 4:30am the day after Thanksgiving to receive a free Mickey Mouse ornament from JC Penney.  HA!!!  

Also, it's not as if these are rare events.  We have several other Chick-fil-a's in town, and anyone can buy a Mickey Mouse ornament any day of the year.

"They do line up at 4:30 the day after Thanksgiving," he told me. 

"Why don't I ever see them?"  I asked him.  

"Because you're asleep."

"Oh, you could be right" I said.

But still, it was awfully nice of Chick-fil-a to have a camp out in their parking lot.  

The only hiccup is-where do you go to the bathroom?







Much love and many laughs,

A










No comments:

Post a Comment