Thursday, August 11, 2011

Happy 41st my sweetie!

Tomorrow is my husband's birthday.  Last year he turned 40. It was a milestone.  I invited several close friends to play golf with him to celebrate.  I sent out invitations.  We got a great response.  40 is a big deal.






J and the kids at the driving range




The guys getting ready to tee off



B rode with Jim Jones




J and the kids




J, B and Denver at dinner




This year, he turns 41 (obviously) and for some reason "those" birthdays are not milestones.  Do you go all out for 11?  Many do for 21, but not "good" Baptists-Har Har.  What about 31?....No?  So needless to say, I didn't know how to make 41 special.  


I don't have a present yet  We got him a Garmin GPS system for Father's Day.  He already has every gadget known to man.  What's a "girl" (and I use that term very loosely) to do?


Then I discovered that our kids have their first day off from school on his birthday.  (They go to a school that has an extended year, so they returned to school in July-ugh!)  Yippee I thought.  We can hang out with my multi-purpose/go-to folks and hit the lake for tubing and skiing.


(For a frame of reference- the multi purpose people are Marc and Billie and the girls.  Marc is J's brother.  His wife is our sister-in-law.  So that covers the family part.  Billie was my friend before we met our husbands.  She is my go-to person.  We talk a lot, car pool, trade kids and rely on each other quite a bit.  She even is a good part of the catalyst that got our kids connected with their "extended school year" school.  Don't tell my son this.  He has considered asking me to home school him in the past:)  Family, friends, first call people = multi purpose people).


Uh oh. J has a busy day that day.  He makes some calls.  Reschedules some stuff.  Works some magic and Ta Da.... it's Happy Birthday Daddy.


Unfortunately, the "Ta Da' was short lived.  It seems some folks don't consider other people's schedules and the afternoon conference call is back on. You would think no one was aware it was his birthday and that we have birthday plans at the lake.  Does no one check the school calendar to see if our kids have a day off from school?  


I guess it was not to be.  Even the forecast calls for rain. 


So Happy Birthday honey!   We love you very much and 41 is special to us!  


By the way, in case I don't have a present in hand, I'm gonna recall the golf excursion of last year and coast off the fumes of that:)  At this point, it's either that or a mani-pedi gift card.  It is the gift that keeps on giving.


Love you!




Much love and many laughs from your beloved:)


A













No comments:

Post a Comment