Saturday, July 9, 2011

Last camp post this year- I promise

I forgot about my job as a parent.  That is to lovingly embarrass your children whenever you get the chance.  So with that I thought I'd tell you about what l learned from last year's camp.

1.  Send your kid with only the junkiest clothes they have.
2.  You're good!

Last year, I sent B with his cutest, most put together/without being matchy- matchy clothes.  When we picked him up his bag was a whole lot lighter than when we sent it.

What I didn't know, was that in all the hub bub of last day, the kids gathered all their stuff and set it in an area for parents to pick up.  Ben's laundry bag did not get in his suitcase and I did not notice it on the other side of the luggage mountain.

Remembering that I had a motto about packing for camp this year.  It was "only send the grossest stuff for camp".  But if you're like me, you throw your children's really gross stuff away.  We selected and packed and marked everything off our list.

However, even though I knew I was sending practically disposable clothing, I felt the need to take photos of the items.  I have to say it drives me crazy to be looking for something and never find it.  I didn't want to wonder if we had sent it to camp or not.  (And yes I know, that's incredibly anal retentive.  I can't help it and neither can trained professionals either, so we just go with it:)

Well, I'm pleased to say that B was much more aware (or his counselor was more on top of things than the one last year), and he got back with everything (or most everything I believe-I'm not THAT anal retentive:)

As I was going through his bag, I was reminded of what he DID get back with last year.

When I unzipped his bag last year, the only undisturbed thing I found within was a stack of nice and neatly folded boxers. They looked as if they hadn't been touched.  I just laughed and asked him about it and he got a big grin on his face.  Apparently, in his mind at camp it was "underwear optional".  What a funny kid!



Much love and many laughs,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment