Thursday, July 7, 2011

Banned list addendum

Recently, I posted a blog about my daughter's "ban list".  In writing some other blogs, I remembered two other things she has been banned from.

As I mentioned in A hairy dog and a good fellow, Teddy has a shock collar.  It was purchased with his safety in mind.  However, we discovered that you can use indoor "zappers" to keep some rooms off limits as well.  Teddy doesn't know there are only 4.  When he has some really bad behaviors (pooping on my playroom rug) I'll move for a short while so he'll hopefully get that behavior corrected.

One day I noticed that Teddy was skittish and wouldn't follow me in from the playroom area to the main part of the house.  Later that day, we discovered the reason.  My daughter moved the zapper to the bookshelves right at the opening that led to the main part of the house.  Poor Teddy.  It took several days of TLC to get over that one.

Hence ban #6-no touching/moving the zappers.

Also, sweet cheeks likes to take showers now.  She can spend so much time in the shower singing the Spongebob Squarepants song, or anything like that.

One morning, I hopped in the shower and found evidence of several chunks of hair.  One small cluster was conspicuously entangled in my razor.  The hair was medium length.  It was strawberry blond.  It didn't take much to deduce that someone had played with my razor and cut off some of her hair.



                                  (sorry to those of you who might be grossed out by this:)




She vehemently denied having done it and I finally told her "I know the truth," followed by "I want you to tell me the truth!!!"

I envisioned her telling me "you can't handle the truth!"  However, after much cajoling, I got a confession out of her.

Hence ban #7- no touching mommy's or daddy's razors.

Needless to say, she keeps things interesting around here!






Much love and many laughs,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment