Monday, May 9, 2011

Mom

My mom is a incredible woman.  As far as parenting goes, she goes down as the most perfect mom one could ask for.  Granted she's not perfect and wouldn't want you to think so, but I can tell you that from what I experienced, she's as close as humanly possible.




Mom and my baby girl


1.  She taught me to love the Lord with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength and to love my neighbor as myself.
2.  I don't even need a follow-up because that takes care of it all.


Mom is pure-hearted.  I have always wanted to be so.  She can only see the best in people.  She can not believe anything that might be less than flattering about another.  She can find the good in most everything and when she can't she delivers the news with the gentlest of touches.   




Mom and big guy!





For instance, once we were talking about Moammar Qaddafi and Mom said "folks-I think he's mellowed".  My response was "mom-he's a terrorist"!!! My one caveat is that, according to an American news source he had mellowed. Apparently in the 1-2 years pre 9/11, terrorism wasn't as lucrative.  However, since that time, terrorism and oppression have paid handsomely and he's back!!!


When Mom and Dad moved to Uganda in Oct. 1998, I encouraged them to leave their boxer puppy (named "Happy"), in the US.  My understanding was that he would be held in quarantine type situation for up to six months.  That wasn't gonna fly, so they left him with my sister.  Fast forward six and a half years.  In the move back to the U.S. my Mom informed me that he probably wouldn't have been quarantined (at least not on the Africa end of the move) like I was informed.  However, she did indicate that there were a lot of things over in Uganda that could "kind of take his life."  Up to that day (and every day since) I had never heard the words "kind of" and "take his life" in the same sentence.






"So happy together"


The list goes on and on.  She is untainted and guileless.  People respond to her.  They love her.  If you know her, I need not explain this.  If you do not, it would be a blessing to your life if you were to make her acquaintance.  To me she is mom.  She knows me and loves me anyway.  I thank God he gave me her.


I love you Mom!


Much love and many laughs,


A

No comments:

Post a Comment