Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ways to avoid bedtime

My boy is funny.  He is a man-child.  He is tenderhearted and kind.  He is all boy and I love it.








Two  (unintentionally) entertaining traits of his are his vast store of energy and his very active mind.  Sometimes his mind is so active that he has difficulty going into "sleep mode" at night.

Below are some reasons he's listed for being unable to sleep:

1. "My ankle hurts."  (Last year he sprained his ankle and it only seems to flare up at bedtime.  Too bad for him, my husband noticed that the "trick ankle" switches from time to time.)

2.  "I have too much energy."  (Understatement of the year!)

3.  "I can't sleep because my nose is like..........."( fill that in with various sniffs and snorts and you have a idea).

4.  "My body is trying to force my eyes open and then closed." (Picture him pretending to fall asleep and jolting awake with eyes wide open.)

5.  "Since Monday, my body hasn't wanted to go to sleep."

6.  "It feels like there are rocks in my [4" memory foam egg crate topped] bed."

And these are just some of the doozies we've heard in the past.




Needless to say, I'll be updating you with the future bedtime excuses as they occur.  He really is a creative fellow and a joy to our lives.  I'm amused by his excuses because it's noon on a beautiful sunny day.

If you catch me at 11:30 on a school night battling this problem, you might get a different picture.

It's all about context people:)




Much love and many laughs,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment