Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A silent alarm just sounded....

Last night, when I needed to get cleaned up I decided to listen to my ipod and take a soak.  "Yes" I thought, "a little bathing would set me up forever!"  (Sorry-Jane Austen quote).


When I take a shower, nothing happens.  No one comes into my "suite" area.  (Man o man-why didn't I have doors put on the bathroom area???)  


But when I take a bath something mysterious happens.  


Within a mere 2 minutes of plunging myself into steaming hot water, I have a  visitor.  Another 3 minutes on top of that and I can score two more bath time guests.  


What causes this?  Is it the sound of relaxation pouring through the pipes and into my freestanding bathtub?  Is it the effervescence of my bath fizzies that hearkens to the weary crowd down stairs?  Has there been planted in my family's subconscious, the idea that bath time is also, "I have Mom's undivided attention" time?  


I can sympathize with the mother in Jill Murphy's book "Five minutes Peace please"  It is funny because it is so true.  So incredibly true.  


In the book, the mother elephant gets her kids their breakfast, and while they eat, she thinks she'll sneak a 5 minute bath.  Well as you could probably guess, with in 2 minutes, two of her kids are goofing around in the bathroom while her youngest child jumped right in for a soak himself.  



Photo courtesy of Amazon.com
Don't click on it, you can't sample it here:)

You can find this book in the children's fiction section of your local bookstore.  It is not fiction.  Not at all.


Maybe that's where the Japanese got the idea for group bathing.  Who knows?
  
So, I've decided enjoy the interruptions with the realization that one day when my kids are grown, I'll actually get those 5 minutes of bath time peace. 


And while I'm at it I think I'll invest in some bubble bath.   Cause no one needs to see my Rubinesque-ness or make comments about it-thank you very much!


Much love and many laughs,


A



No comments:

Post a Comment