Thursday, April 28, 2011

My girl is funny!

For those of you who know my little girl, when I say "she's funny" you know what I'm talking about.  For those of you who don't (and I can't imagine anyone reading this blog that I haven't specifically told to go and read it-and therefore you know my family very well),  just know that she is unique in the best way.  She has had experiences in her life that most kids have not.  She has an unusually plucky determination about her which is a big asset.

You see, little punkin has been in physical therapy most of her life.  Because of this, her knowledge of PT often shows up in play.  For instance, J or I stretch her every morning.  Also, twice a week she is stretched by a physical therapist.  This does not even include any times grandparents or aunts have stretched her when we were away.

Punkin has several of those baby dolls with the beanbag bodies and plastic arms, legs, and head.  The kind that look like they come straight from the hospital with pre-molded hospital bracelet around her wrist, and fabric booties, and cap.

I was driving one day and looked back at her and she was stretching her doll. She was only two-ish and managed it without difficulty.  I thought to myself "only her" because what other child would have knowledge of how to stretch/isolate someone's leg muscles.

Well recently, she was prescribed glasses.  The first pair had to be repaired within two weeks.  The next pair (our back ups) had to be repaired within 3 weeks of receiving them.  My punkin is a girly girl-just not the delicate one:)

Also, the doctor prescribed 5 to 10 hours of "patch time" per week.  She has one eye that is weaker than the other.  In order to strengthen it, we have to patch the strong eye, so the weaker will be forced to strengthen.  Well, the other day in the play room I found this....






My punkin never tells me she's doing these things.  She doesn't even think that they are funny or clever, but when I come across these displays, it's hard not to picture her and crack a big smile.

Sweet girl!!!

Much love and many laughs,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment